Stainless Steel Grating
Stainless steel grating has been the standard industrial footwalk product for severe corrosive environments and has been a popular grating choice for many years. Our company manufactures stainless swaged bar grating from type 304 and 316 stainless steel bar. The swaging process allows the assembly of bar grating panels by mechanically locking the cross bars at right angles to the bearing bars at a maximum of 4" on center. This process provides the clean crisp lines of a recessed cross bar and eliminates the discoloration inherent with welded bar grating. By using the most modern technology available, swaged bar grating allows for a variety of spacings including close spacings of 7/16" cc between bearing bars. The finishes can be either pickled or polished both of which give excellent durability against many aggressive substances and are therefore often used at chemical plants, food processing facilities, oil and gas producers and is also used in many other commercial and architectural applications.
- Stainless steel alloy 304
- Stainless steel alloy 304L
- Stainless steel alloy 316
- Stainless steel alloy 316L
Unless specified, stainless steel grating will have a mill finish. The heat from the electroforge process produces a discoloration to the surface of the welded area. Electro-polishing is a means to remove the discoloration and is available upon request.
- Stainless steel grating is the most chemically resistant grating product. It is also a permanently safe replacement for slippery serrated grating and plain bar grating.
- Stainless steel grating is available in many different styles and spacing options to meet a variety of needs and applications.
- The most effective cleaning method is with a stem cleaner or power washer. Debris can be removed with a stiff bristle brush. Organic based stains, such as grease or oil, can be removed with standard organic solvents. Some scrubbing may be required.
- Stainless steel grating can be purchased in stock panels or fabricated to meet the project specifications.
- Stainless steel products are currently used in food processing plants, cheese plants, poultry processors and beverages plants, among others. Slip resistant products are 100% grit free. They will not contaminate the food processing machines nor will they contaminate the end product.
Our range of stainless steel gratings are used in
- Water treatment/sewerage plants.
- Harbour sea port & furniture.
- Sea water intake screening systems with SS 316 Ti.
- Retaining grid/hold down grid for scrubber towers.
- Support grids for retaining catalyst for horizontal reactor vessel.
- Stainless steel gratings for Desalination plants.